Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Cfessa certification

• Cfessa certification

Posted by guest on March 7, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hey now! I’m required to pass 2 cffesa tests this year and I’m still relatively new to this field,been doing it for going on 3 years now.Where do I start,what study guides are available and are there any on line help or videos? Any advice is appreciated,Thanks 

gregct replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

March 7, 2019 at 7:45 pm

When I was a field service tech for a major service company owned by a former CFESA president, we were temporarily provided the manuals to study from. 

That was some twenty years ago. 

Where I work now in-house (for about seven years at a very large & established resort owned by an international company), I’d convinced our management to buy their manuals for our guys.  I think they were $750 for the four (Electric, Steam, Gas, Refrigeration).

CFESA holds those training manuals as proprietary information..and is generally only shared with CFESA members.

I suggest that you call CFESA for more information about availability of the books:

https://cfesa.com/contact/ 

For the hot side service work, their training manuals offer a tremendous amount of information you can’t find anywhere else.  They aren’t the “be all – end all” of for the training necessary for our duties (i.e., warewashing and many other things not included), but they’re still a great resource.

I’m sure things have changed since my experiences with them. CFESA is constantly striving to UP their impact on the  training they offer.  For instance, they now include “Water Quality” training…which is vital info for beverage, warewashing and steam-cooking equipment.

Even after my twenty years of doing this sort of work, I’d love to attend ALL of their resident courses at their facility in North Carolina.

• kcbrezina

March 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Unfortunately I don’t have anything helpful to add, Ectofix always gives great advice.

However, I would love to hear if you find any other helpful resources. Goodluck!

• gregct

March 21, 2019 at 8:39 am

CFESA also now has a training center in the Carolinas (North, I think) that members can send their Tech’s to for specific training. https://cfesa.com/events-courses/  is the schedule and registration info.