Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives model 1302

• model 1302

Posted by guest on March 5, 2017 at 12:00 am

the fans are blowing constantly we have to unplug it so they will go off and not run all night. also we are having complaints that the dough is not cooked all the way through and it also is cooking one side of the pizza and not the other all the way. i have no idea how to fix it and it is my main business oven

fixbear replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

March 5, 2017 at 6:02 pm

asia wrote:

the fans are blowing constantly we have to unplug it so they will go off and not run all night.

On some units, a time delay relay keeps the main fan running for 20 minutes after the main switch in turned off to facilitate a cool down.  On others, a cool down thermostat keeps the cool down fans running until temperature has dropped satisfactorily.

Sounds like either a fault time delay relay or cool down thermostat.

To know which applies to you, you’ll need to know the serial number of the oven.  Then look in this manual to figure out which setup you have:

1300 Series Service Manual

asia wrote:

we are having complaints that the dough is not cooked all the way through

Variations of your product (i.e., frozen, thick crust, thin crust, what ingredients) all dictate cook times and temperatures.  You should experiment with your available products to determine the best settings for each.

asia wrote:

it also is cooking one side of the pizza and not the other all the way

Proper airflow is critical in an Impinger oven.  If it has anything blocking the airflow or a panel is out of place, then cooking quality is directly affected.

Proper setup and cleaning procedures of your oven can be found in this manual:

Series 1300 Operator Manual

• alnelson

March 5, 2017 at 7:09 pm

All good points by ectofix

If you haven’t been cleaning the oven regularly, follow the procedure to remove the conveyor and clean out the inside of the oven. The crumbs and burnt food can build up quick and disrupt/block airflow.

• fixbear

March 6, 2017 at 9:38 am

You both covered this one well.  Being a Guest account, I hope they realize that the Impingers need to disassembled weekly to clean.  Sounds like he definitely has a air flow problem or they left off the ends.