Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives True GDM-23 interior light bulb part#

• True GDM-23 interior light bulb part#

Posted by guest on July 19, 2016 at 12:00 am

I am looking for a part# for the interior light bulb for True GDM-23 Glass Door model.  True’s website requires fridge’s serial number which I do not have.  My fridge is actually a copy cat of True’s product manufactured by Ascend which went out of business.  If anyone can guide me how to look up the part number, I will highly appreciate. 

abril replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • abril

January 9, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I ended up taking out the light bulb to a hardware store to purchase something comparable.  It seems to be working. 

• john

January 9, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hi abril,

So sorry no one ever got back to you about your question. I was not administrating the forums back in July of 2016, else I would have responded. 

If you ever need to know what parts fit for a True GDM-23, here’s a list http://www.partstown.com/true/gdm-23/parts#model-tab-content=parts 

I cannot recommend using these parts in any unit other than a True GDM-23, but these are the parts that would fit that model.

In addition, here is a manual for the True GDM-23. http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/TRUE-GDM_iom.pdf

When on the Parts Town website, if you choose the manufacturer, you can refine your search to only include certain models by selecting the model in the left column of the page, or you can refine by category.

I realize this information comes too late for your specific needs, but I hope it will be useful the next time you need a part! 

-John

• abril

January 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Thank you, John for the reply.  We actually chatted with PartsTown staff who needed True serial number (which I do not have) to determine the correct part. 

This time it was just a light bulb so we managed to get one at a hardware store.  But if I need more parts in the future, I will refer to the link.

Thank you again.