Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Waring mode cb15 needs new bearings  what to suggest your customers do?

• Waring mode cb15 needs new bearings  what to suggest your customers do?

Posted by guest on July 31, 2018 at 12:00 am

i always have this dilemma when repairing this cb15 bowl bearings? do I recommend the customer purchasing the hole assembly with the bearings and seal already in place for around 500$ or is repairing it, installing new bearings and seals.

But the problem is i always have issues getting out the cracked bearings because this thing is so small, so it turnes out customer is paying so much more in labor.

Sometimes I get those bearings out in one piece then customer lucks out and pays Much less.

what do you guys recommend?

Part number 27

eritech1 replied 5 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

July 31, 2018 at 9:35 am

It all comes down to if you have a arbor press and a fixture to hold the shaft for proper removal and replacement of the nut.  It’s still $275 for parts, and about 40 min. labor.  But the real problem is if the customer/user knows not to immerse the blade assembly.  Or leave liquid in the container for extended periods. After all, there is no seal other than the bearing seals, a “V” ring and a labyrinth.  Now if there product ph is far off 7,  the bearing housing will corrode.  That would be a good reason to replace as a cartridge. Also if they have been immersing in a strong cleaning solution  Any shaft damage or wear would also indicate cartridge.

I want to caution you that the 2 washers, nut, blade, bearing cap, Bearing inner races,  bearing spacer,  and shaft shoulder have to be clean and benefit if a thin film of anaerobic sealant is placed on them to prevent wicking of liquid along the shaft.

• eritech1

July 31, 2018 at 9:40 am

Thanx I appreciate ur input as always.