Home Forums General Avantco 177400044 Thermostat Regulator

• Avantco 177400044 Thermostat Regulator

Posted by Anonymous on September 13, 2022 at 11:12 am

fryer pilot lights but burners will not is thermostat the problem

fixbear replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

September 13, 2022 at 2:31 pm

To start with we would need a bit more information. Like the make and model of the fryer.

• jtc

September 16, 2022 at 2:37 pm

<b data-gotowebstore=”177ff400n” data-testid=”product-detail-heading”>Avantco FF400 Natural Gas 50 lb. Stainless Steel Floor Fryer – 120,000 BTUAvantco FF400 Natural Gas 50 lb. Stainless Steel Floor Fryer – 120,000 BTU

• ectofix

September 16, 2022 at 7:18 pm

That is a very basic millivolt system that can be easily troubleshot using a VOM and manometer.

So you’re asking whether it needs a new thermostat. It COULD be. The proper use of a VOM/manometer would answer that question. However, other possibilities could be a loose wire connection, a bad wire crimp, a corroded wire connection, a faulty gas valve or poor gas flow to the burners. Heck, even a broken Unitrol knob could be the problem (not unusual on RobertShaw gas valves when the knob becomes difficult to turn).

Since I’ll assume you don’t a VOM, a manometer or basic skills/knowledge to determine how the electrical and gas parts work, I’ll simply suggest you go in there to check all electrical connections, then go behind the fryer to check that the gas is fully turned on and properly connected. If that doesn’t find ‘n fix your problem, then you’ll need to call a service company.

If I am wrong about your skills/knowledge, then here’s a manual which includes an electrical schematic and some specific operational parameters for you to test.

177ff300-518_manual.pdf 1 MB PDF - Click to view Copy Download Link
    • fixbear

September 19, 2022 at 9:20 am

Nicely done Ectofix