• ectofix

April 25, 2018 at 5:25 am

Make/model of compressor?

• lighteningboy

April 25, 2018 at 5:42 am

copeland =model :cs13k6e-pfz-137

• fixbear

April 25, 2018 at 8:19 am

HP is not the primary design of a compressor.  Due to different refrigerant densities, it requires a different compression ratio to HP.  So BTU rating and design refrigerant is what one has to use.  A compressor suitable for R404, R502, R22 will not work with R12, R134.  The compressor is also designed with the working range. High temp will have the smallest bore, then you have medium and low temp. Low temp compressors have a larger bore piston on the same motor.  If you try to run one on a mediun or high temp cooler it will overload. It can be fooled bu using a crankcase regulator on the suction line.

I can tell you from the model number that it is aC frame, medium temp, 13,000 btu (considered a 1 hp) with POE oil. single phase, 220 to 240 volt PSC compressor. but I do not know the refrigerant it was designed for, but believe R134. It also requires a 20 degree evaporator and a  120 F condenser

• lighteningboy

April 26, 2018 at 12:33 am

look i want to replace this compressor  with a new one and when i want to buy a new compressor the salesman said that tell me what is your compressor hp and i cant find the hp ,please help me to find suitable compressor for manitowoc icemaker :model:SD1002A   icemaker without storage – refrig.charge  :R404A  please what is the best compressor for this model

• fixbear

April 26, 2018 at 5:19 am

If your vendor is asking you that, Find a new vendor.  What you should have asked for was the Copeland model number that you stated above .  Ice machines are very closely designed . Often compressors are special built to take the varying load in Ice machines.  Improper match will cause harvest problems.  This one is one of the specials. That’s why my books didn’t come up with a exact match..  You may want to consider a OEM for this one.  Make sure to replace the filter dryer.  The odd thing with Ice machine compressors is that they are designed for a higher head pressure/tempurature rating. Like 130 F instead of 100..That helps the harvest.  This compressor is actually about 1 1/3 HP

.  Manitowoc Ice 000008727 COMPRESSOR 200-230/60/3 | Parts Town