Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives ofg-322…

• ofg-322…

Posted by guest on March 25, 2016 at 12:00 am

first call found some wires melted replaced i/o board, controller, vac switch, sensor, speaker  and we still getting an e-20 code about once a week. any suggestions? thanks

tech replied 8 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • abialas

March 30, 2016 at 10:17 am

Hey Tech,

Can you verify the serial number of this Henny Penny OFG322 unit?

Thank you for your time

• tech

March 30, 2016 at 1:21 pm

bn1009025

• abialas

March 30, 2016 at 3:01 pm

What letter is after the E-20?  That will help to determine if it is related to the blower and air switch or if it is related to the pilot, flame sensor, and ignition module.

• tech

March 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm

B

• abialas

March 31, 2016 at 9:18 am

Hey Kevin,

From Henny Penny: “That is then indicating that the air switch is opening up, the combustion blower motor has an internal thermal limit built into it, it is possible that it is intermittently heating up and causing the motor to shut down.  This could be the root cause and also make sense as it appears to be the one part not yet replaced.  I would also suggest inspecting the baffles in the rear to make sure they have not burnt through creating extra heat in the rear.”

• tech

March 31, 2016 at 10:56 am

I went on it yesterday afternoon with the e20b code, This time it would keep alarming on the e20b code and the flame was acting a little lazy. I pulled the motor assy off and found the blower wheel was packed with soot. I cleaned it and the heat duct that it pulls thru. It seems to have taken care of it. The flame is acting like it should and working properly.