Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Good morning i am looking for a qualified technician to work on A BKI combiking 102 oven.  PLEASE NOTE THE OVEN IS LOCATED IN BARBADOS. Travel and accomodation will be provided. Please email andre.browne@aonesupermarkets.com with suggestions. 

• Good morning i am looking for a qualified technician to work on A BKI combiking 102 oven.  PLEASE NOTE THE OVEN IS LOCATED IN BARBADOS. Travel and accomodation will be provided. Please email andre.browne@aonesupermarkets.com with suggestions. 

Posted by guest on July 26, 2018 at 12:00 am

Technician needed 

fixbear replied 5 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

July 26, 2018 at 5:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE that the repair of your oven will very likely require TWO trips for the technician that you hire.  After all, the tech will VERY LIKELY not possess the parts necessary to fix it.

• aoneequipment

July 26, 2018 at 5:36 pm

I have previously ordered the parts required from parts town and had them

shipped directly to us via ups in a matter of 2-3 days. We know for sure we

need an inverter board for starters.

Are you a technician or do you know a qualified technician ?

• ectofix

July 26, 2018 at 6:06 pm

I AM a technician and I’m well-versed on combi-ovens.  But, no experience on BKI’s.  So I’m not your man.

Combi-ovens are complicated and can have numerous underlying issues besides the one you’re experiencing now.  Just like a steamer, they’re high maintenance if you have poor water quality and no proper water treatment.  Not that THAT is contributing to your immediate problem, but that can cause future problems on a regular basis.

I hope someone can step up and fulfill your request.  You’re obviously in a tough spot.

FYI:  BKI ovens are actually rebadged European products, made either by HOUNÖ or (as of 2012) GIORIK.

• fixbear

July 27, 2018 at 9:04 am

Do you have the full model number?