Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side BLODGETT OVEN BDO-100-G-S not igniting

• BLODGETT OVEN BDO-100-G-S not igniting

Posted by darioveliz on February 10, 2020 at 9:12 pm

BLODGETT OVEN BDO-100-G-S not igniting, I checked the components and found the combustion blower fan not running the control ignition module flashed 1x which is aN airflow issue, I’m I missing something? 

olivero replied 4 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

February 11, 2020 at 6:20 am

If the draft inducer motor is not running, then the proofing switch will not close for the gas control.  See if you have power to the blower motor.  If so but not running you have found your problem.

• beef

February 11, 2020 at 7:22 am

If your motor is running but air switch isn’t closing, verify the air tube is clear, and check for debris inside the air switches nipple, if there is debris, replace the switch. 

• darioveliz

February 11, 2020 at 9:20 am

Thanks guys going back tomorrow I ordered the inducer or combustion air blower hoe this resolves this issue. 

• nafets47

February 11, 2020 at 11:23 am

Also I would check if you are getting gas. Might be as simple as that.

• olivero

February 11, 2020 at 2:02 pm

If it’s a single phase induction blower, remember it will probably have a start capacitor, I know on Cleveland’s KGL units, they use a start cap which will go bad and unit won’t light.

If that cap is bad, then the fan won’t start or won’t start every time, which will make the board trip out on as you won’t be getting any gas or air into the combustion chamber.