Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives hi, I want to know how many gallons of ice my machine makes

• hi, I want to know how many gallons of ice my machine makes

Posted by guest on August 8, 2016 at 12:00 am

Model # ts4 48 12m b

Refrigerate unit # AE 444oyxa

Thank you

alnelson replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

August 9, 2016 at 6:08 am

In the ice-making world, ice isn’t measured in gallons.  It’s measured in pounds.

A Hoshizaki ice machine’s model number crudely depicts its designed production rate in a twenty-four hour period.  Specifically, the numbers following its alphabetical prefix.  Now, the model number you’ve provided is wrong – especially the first two letters.  That makes it impossible to pull up a spec sheet for it.

Yet, if those numbers in it that model you provided are correct, then my best guess would be that its designed to produce roughly 440 lbs of ice in a twenty-four hour period.   However, variables such as ambient temp and incoming water temp can affect that and cause the production volume to be considerably lower.

If you still need to know how many GALLONS it makes, then fill a one or five gallon container with ice from the machine, weigh it and then do some math.  The weight of one gallon of ice divided into that 440 gives a very rough idea how many GALLONS it makes in twenty-four hours.

• alnelson

August 9, 2016 at 11:44 pm

If that AE4440yxa is the model number off the compressor, that’s gotta be one dinky little ice machine.

That model number almost sounds like it belongs on a prep table or worktop cooler or something.