Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums help!!!??  gw24 glasstender drain stopper takes too long to drop???

• fixbear

April 9, 2017 at 10:50 am

Not likely the control.  Check the actuator motor in the back of the machine to see if the bearings are dry or worn out and the linkage is free..  Also check that the micro switch on the cam is working normal. Both normally open and normally closed.

• fixbear

April 9, 2017 at 11:45 am

I forgot that this machine has a flush built in and will not close the drain till it senses 130 degree water or 12 seconds later.  You may want to check your water temperature and the temp sensor. 

April 9, 2017 at 12:50 pm

new micro switches and ohmed them out as well, i had swapped out the relay module from another machine on property, and said unit is working properly now! )  but i will go back and double check that actuator motor you were referring to, and i measured the linkage from my good working condition glass tender and made the one in question the same length by adjusting.

thank you so much for you’re quick response!!!

April 9, 2017 at 12:53 pm

originally fixbear, it was taking like 18 to 25 seconds, for drain to close even at 130 degree temp (on the machine) so all my water was going straight down the drain and  would not wash at all.

• fixbear

April 9, 2017 at 3:39 pm

That’s beyond the max 12 seconds. Being it eventually does close,  Either cam, cam switch or actuator has to be the problem. Test for voltage to the motor in cycle.

April 16, 2017 at 6:19 am

FIXED!!!!  (:   the micro switches were not adjusted correctly, its working like a champ!!!

thank you so much for you’re help!!!

you helped me learn alot sir.  happy easter and God bless.

Brett