Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Water curtain control sensor on lower right side of the evaporator is out.  Need a replacement.  Do not have a part number.

• Water curtain control sensor on lower right side of the evaporator is out.  Need a replacement.  Do not have a part number.

Posted by guest on March 21, 2017 at 12:00 am

The unit was working only if I continued to turn the Ice toggle switch off and on and it would restart but only one batch of ice would form.  Now it will not work at all.  The green and red lights are all off.  It is not the electric, that has been checked..

fixbear replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • olivero

March 21, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Water curtain control sensor…

Hmm….

Are you referring to the switch on the curtain that tells the unit when it dropped ice or if its full? Or are you referring to the sensor detecting if the water sump is full or not?

Or am I completely off and you are talking about something completely different.

IF its a reed switch (a magnetically engaging switch) or a micro switch or any type of switch that goes from closed to open, it can be verified it its bad enough by ohming them out and that will tell you if its bad.

To me it sounds like you got some kind of harvesting error going on so the unit only makes one batch of ice and then stops producing ice, this can be either due to the harvest error or the switch is in fact bad and the unit thinks it’s full.

“it is not the electric” I Am slightly confused about that but I think the above should give you something to look for. ITs not very common switches just “go bad” and if they do, they can be verified to be bad and then there is no question.

• fixbear

March 22, 2017 at 4:25 am

With out knowing the model of the unit there is no way we can provide you with accurate help.  Like olivero said, sounds like harvest problem or a lock out from to long of ice making . Make sure the machine is level and clean. 

• olivero

March 22, 2017 at 1:15 pm

From what I know on these ice machines, it seems they are all pretty much the same, I don’t even look up model numbers when people ask about them anymore.

• fixbear

March 22, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Size and cooling make a difference as well if it’s a indigo. Different boards and led’s for troubleshooting. Then we have cubers, nugget, and flake let alone the small under-counters with minimal design.