Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives what type of head are the screws in the base of an r2?

• what type of head are the screws in the base of an r2?

Posted by guest on November 15, 2017 at 12:00 am

what type of head are the screws in the base of an r2?

JordanLess replied 8 months, 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

November 15, 2017 at 11:18 am

Most I’ve seen are either Posi-drive or Torz.  Posi-drive looks like a phillips, but has little marks between the flutes so that one knows not to use a phillips and ruin the screw. Phillips are tapered blade and will not seat in a posi-drive.  Posi-drive have parelle edge blades.  Torz is a 6 pointed blade.  Like a Allen wrench with flutes.  Both are made for power drives.

• olivero

November 15, 2017 at 1:24 pm

I had to make a tool for the R2N to get into the base, the screws were too deep in there for me to reach it with a multi head screw driver, so I welded a torx bit to the end of a piece of all thread….

Works like a charm.

• ectofix

November 15, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Years ago my former company had a Dewalt service center as a neighbor.  I had a Robot Coupe in the shop with those recessed Torx screws.  I had NOTHING in my tool collection that would reach them.  Not even a standard Torx screwdriver.  The holes they were in were too narrow for anything wider than that – such as a driver extension.

At wit’s end, I then remembered who our neighbor was.  So I sauntered over there to see what they had.  Ended up they had a 6″ long Torx driver bit they let me have.  It worked perfectly.  It’s at work now in our shop tool box (I surrendered my personal tool for all of us to use).

I don’t remember what size it is. T20 maybe?

• JordanLess

August 7, 2023 at 2:11 am

Whether it’s an R2 or any other DIY project, the joy of building and creating something with your own hands never fades. So, here’s to all the DIY enthusiasts out there, past and present, and may your future endeavors be filled with excitement and accomplishment!

• JordanLess

August 7, 2023 at 11:27 am

oh…i haven’t noticed this thread is 6 years old…