Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a market forge electric tilt grill.When I turn the unit on it clicks off and on.I changed the contacts out and it still does it.What should I check or replace next?

• I have a market forge electric tilt grill.When I turn the unit on it clicks off and on.I changed the contacts out and it still does it.What should I check or replace next?

Posted by guest on August 11, 2016 at 12:00 am

I have a market forge electric tilt grill that clicks off and on.Ive changed the contacts out and checked the tightness on all connections.What should I check or replace next?The model # is 30p-stel

ectofix replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

August 12, 2016 at 5:33 am

Guest wrote:

What should I check or replace next?

WELL…while you’re just swapping parts instead of troubleshooting, go on ahead and replace the interlock switch, the temperature board, the thermocouple and the high-limit thermostat.  The problem could be any one of those.  If that doesn’t get it, then it could just be a power source problem, a faulty crimp connection or – just something that needed to be adjusted so it’d work properly.

If you want to know exactly what’s causing the problem in order to fix it, then a multimeter which reads volts, ohms, amps and temperature will be necessary.  Having that vital tool along with knowledge of how to properly use it while exercising proper electrical safety practices, some well-found knowledge of electrical theory…and a schematic – should help you narrow the problem down in order to avoid swapping EVERY SINGLE part that MIGHT be the problem.