Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives have a few TurboChef NGC ovens

• fixbear

May 30, 2019 at 8:17 am

james.eldridge@providence.org wrote:

I want to know how all of that grease gets from the cooking compartment to the component compartment.

Any time grease is heated with moisture,  some becomes airborne   Snce the machine has electronic componets that require cooling air flow there has to be a fan.  As the air move through the machine some of the grease condenses internal and on any obstruction in the air flow.  Including heat sinks, fans and filters..

james.eldridge@providence.org wrote:

. I have also noticed a gap in the door and can see that the smoke/grease escapes out the top

Tag that one out of service till repaired.  Microwave energy is very dangerous stuff to humans.  Get a microwave leak detector and use it often.  Like at the end of every service call on them.  One should always verify that the door and safety interlock is correct and functioning.

• tonyd

May 30, 2019 at 11:08 am

And yes the door being stuck open is the biggest issue you are dealing with. Micro wave safety should be taken very seriously and can and will hurt some one. Please fix the door issues first. Then leak check before you spend all that time cleaning. Good luck and hope this helps.  

• james-eldridgeprovidence-org

May 30, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Tony, I have done all that. these have been a nightmare. I have the staff cleaning them every night now. inside and out. I have replaced a few mags and found that there was grease in the guide ( after i cleaned it well enough to see thru it) and figured that is what blew the mag. I replaced the mag, guide and guide cover. Ive almost replaced evry part on these things now. This thread is very helpful tho. I have most of them cleaned very well and will not fix them until they clean them. They have come to the realization that i do know what I am talking about and im just trying to help THEM.

• james-eldridgeprovidence-org

May 30, 2019 at 12:19 pm

I have replace the door. I was borrowing a meter finally bought our own. If i put a flashlight in the oven and close the door, i can still see light even with a new door and the top cover off. I buttoned it all up and ran it with micro on and check ok with the microwave meter.

• fixbear

May 30, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Is the door gap on the hinge side or latch side?  The latches do wear and need adjustment over time.  And, it should not energize unless fully closed.

• tonyd

May 30, 2019 at 1:31 pm

There is no air door seal like on all of the newer models. If you are passing the leak check then is should be ok. The one thing you said that bothers me though. You can not clean the guides. They must be replaced. Why? When the wave travels down the guide it needs to reflect and not be absorbed. As soon as it absorbs then it will cook the guide and arc. This is what I call the start of the snowball. Please change them and it will reduce the amount if issues you are having. there is a silicone and metallic seal that seats to the bottom of the cook compartment from the top of the guide. All of that is more than likely gone. Send me pictures of cavity, door, and control area and I will see what I can see for you.

Anthony Dileo

University of Richmond

Foodservice Tech

Adileo@richmond.edu<mailto:Adileo@richmond.edu>

571-246-0812

<image002.jpg>

Page 2 of 2