Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums dixell xr60cx controller. Compressor indicator light on but no power gowning to compressor?  All seems to be working fine. Program same as one replacing. no power on terminal 3 Comp.

• fixbear

February 16, 2017 at 1:46 pm

If this machine is 115 volt,  It may be switching the neutral  instead of the line.

• river_t

February 16, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Thank you.

I did figure it out by starring at for a will. On a new out of box controller the #3 terminal (compressor) was not giving power and I could not identify why. So I connected it on the same terminal as the fan #2. Set the setting so fan and comp. go on/off at same time and it works. may hamper a little as the fan will not circulate the air as much.

I’ve seen them set to fan on all the time as well as 10+ *. will see how it goes.

• fixbear

February 16, 2017 at 2:11 pm

The evaporator fan has to run all the time except freezers in defrost. Then only after coil is below freezing. The circulation is important to cool the box evenly and to keep the box sensor appraised of true box temp. If the fan is not running, convection takes place and the bottom of the box may get 20 degrees cooler than the top.

• fixbear

February 16, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Remember also that that control has a 3 to 5 minute time delay for the compressor for start overload protection.

Also which model code is it. If it is a 16.3, terminal 3 is compressor. But if it is a  16.1 or 16.2 it is terminal 5.  16.3 is the line compressor model. the other two need a relay for the compressor as they will only take 8 amps of load.

• river_t

February 16, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Yes I can see that being a problem. Will correct after the weekend 

• river_t

February 16, 2017 at 3:51 pm

It is the 16:3 terminal 1 Line, 2 fan, 3 comp. 4 hot, 5 neutral, 6&7 are for aux compressor (not using)

I’m going to replace controller.

But thinking out loud. If I was to connect the fan directly to the hot to keep it running all the time

And still leave the compressor connected to the fan terminal. Then set the fan and compressor. to start and stop at the same time with no delay.   In theory this should work.

• fixbear

February 16, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Fan terminal is not temp controlled. Terminal 1 also has to be hot.