Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Brand of this cheesemelter?

• Brand of this cheesemelter?

Posted by guest on June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am

Long shot, I know. Does anyone know the model or brand of this cheese melter? I was unable to find a data plate. I need to change the gas valve.

20150601_143346.jpg

moshea replied 8 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

June 1, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I had a DAYDREAM once.  Well, more than once.  I envisioned a day when I could snap a photo of an unidentifiable stove, griddle, fryer or salamander…then put it into a search engine on the internet that employed some technology similar to “facial recognition” software.  Within a few minutes, it would spit me back the exact make and model of equipment that was eluding me.

Until then…I don’t know whatcha got there, so I’m no help.  Sorry…

I hope somebody comes along and recognizes it.

• moshea

June 1, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Hey DowntownBrown –  I did a Google Image search for “cheese melter” then scrolled through the images for one that looked like your picture. This one looks pretty darn close…

Garland IRCMA-36 36″ Countertop Cheese Melter – 30,000 BTU

garland-cheese-melter.jpg

• downtownbrown

June 2, 2015 at 11:20 am

Moshea,

This is exactly what I need, thanks a lot. Found a manual for it and ordered parts. Thanks, seriously.

• moshea

June 2, 2015 at 11:32 am

Awesome – glad it helped!

• downtownbrown

June 2, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I dream of a day where Chefs or kitchen managers keep a manual around for more than the time it takes to install the machine. Maybe a receipt, maybe a just a little general knowledge of what they own.