Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives mod fm245eusd gas converted to LP (1987).  unit not lighting properly,  like small gas leak,  none found.  pilot appears to be improperly aligned.

• mod fm245eusd gas converted to LP (1987).  unit not lighting properly,  like small gas leak,  none found.  pilot appears to be improperly aligned.

Posted by guest on January 19, 2017 at 12:00 am

old man need help 76

ectofix replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

January 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm

That’s an old MasterJet fryer.

There comes a time when that horseshoe-shaped burner assembly has got to come out for a little TLC.  I suggest having replacement targets on hand.  The old ones were ceramic and break easily.  All the new ones are metal.

Maybe a new pilot assembly.

An orifice bit set would be needed to ream out the orifices back to the proper diameter.

That being an LP unit, I’d also inspect the burner cavity and burner flue for soot.  LP is bad about that.

When you re-install the burner assembly, the targets must be properly gapped from the sides of the fryvat.

During operation test, I suggest checking your gas pressure to be sure it’s within specs.  Heck, you might want to start out with that one, just to be sure.

After all that, you might find flames will arise from the flue due to those all metal targets.  Frymaster told me the only remedy for that is to turn the gas pressure down a little until that stops happening.