Home Forums Archives bunn cwtf need to increase the water content

• bunn cwtf need to increase the water content

Posted by guest on December 13, 2017 at 12:00 am

i need to increase the water to full up the pot

fixbear replied 6 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

December 13, 2017 at 2:16 pm

First off,  how long has this machine been in service?   It may need De-scaling.  Start by checking the strainer on the back of the machine to ensure it is clear and has a good flow.  Line pressure has to be above 20 lb’s.  The timer is set for 2 min and 15 seconds. If you have adequate water pressure and flow this should provide a full pot.  Next remove the dispersal nozzle and run you Bunn snake through the line to break out any minerals. Place on a empty basket and run a pot to flush.  Replace the spray head.  Now run a test pot. If it still is not full, you will have to tweak the timer.

Page 27 Timer Setting: NOTE: Prior to setting or modifying volumes, check that the brewer is connected to water supply, the tank is properly filled, and a funnel and server are in place. NOTE: All volume settings must be done with the sprayhead installed. 1. Modifying brew volumes. To modify a brew volume, first check that the SET/LOCK switch is in the “SET” position on the circuit board. To increase a brew volume, place the ON/OFF switch in the “ON” position, press and hold the START switch until three clicks are heard. Release the switch and press it again one or more times. (Failure to re- lease the switch within two seconds after the third click causes the volume setting to be aborted and previous volume setting will remain in memory) Each time the switch is pressed, two seconds are added to the brew time period. Allow the brew cycle to finish in order to verify that the desired volume has been achieved. To decrease a brew volume, place the ON/OFF switch in the “ON” position, press and release the START switch once for every two-second interval to be removed from the total brew time period; then immediately press and hold down the START switch until three clicks are heard. Release the switch. (Failure to release the switch within two seconds after the third click causes the volume setting to be aborted and previous volume setting will remain in memory). Al- low the brew cycle to finish in order to verify that the desired volume has been achieved. The timer board is inside the column front top right.  There are two styles,a early one that is black and a board that is green with the blue switch for locking the timer.  On is the lock position.
  • moldypickle

December 14, 2017 at 7:03 am

FWIW,, I had been meticulously trying to program our bunn pots to be perfectly topped off.  Multiple tries of water only or water plus grounds. Over and over.  Recently had bunn training with some our new liquid coffee dispensers and was able to inquire with the instructor on an easier way to gets the pots full.  He asked why do I want the pot full.  Guess I didn’t have a good answer other than that it just made sense to me.  His answer was to follow the recipe from the coffee manufacturer. Whatever ounces of water they say to use set the pot to that.  Whether it’s full or not. Who cares. Lol. Seems so simple now.  Not sure if that’s what you’re aiming for but figured I’d share some humility 

• fixbear

December 14, 2017 at 2:56 pm

It is desirable to have the pot full when just water, but the grounds do absorb some moisture and will normally be just below the bell at the end of brew for the maximum profit. But for me, I go more to flavor.