Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have 2 a vulan 6 burner (older model) that i need s stem and the retaining bracket to hold it in place,the brackets

• I have 2 a vulan 6 burner (older model) that i need s stem and the retaining bracket to hold it in place,the brackets

Posted by guest on September 19, 2016 at 12:00 am

The stem and the bracket that holds it on with 2 small phillips screws are missing along with the knobs to turn them on and off,you just have to use something in the slot to turn on and off.where can i get just the stem and bracket to hold it in place

ectofix replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

September 19, 2016 at 5:09 pm

A picture would have helped.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re talking about a burner control valve that looks something like this:

From how you’ve described it, the stem (the right section) to which a knob attaches, the valve face (the black section) and those screws are missing.  So now all you have is a slot up inside the valve body, which you said you’re turning with “something” (like maybe a screwdriver).

If I’m correct in my description, then you have a DANGEROUS situation on your hands.  That “slot” you’re turning is the front part of a brass, cone-shaped rotating port.  The parts which you’ve described as MISSING – are the components designed to hold it in there.  So NOW, all that’s keeping it from falling out is maybe a thin layer of high-temp grease and surface tension.

If that rotating port happens to slide out, then you’d have gas shooting directly out at the the cook’s crotch.  If the gas happens to ignite, someone’s going to get set on fire!

The pieces you’re asking about are NOT sold separately.  You must have the whole valve (just like in the picture) replaced.

You’re literally “PLAYING WITH FIRE” by to continuing to use it as it is.  I STRONGLY suggest turning the unit’s gas supply OFF, don’t use the range (or whatever) anymore – and call someone to fix it before you attempt to use it again.

Credit to PartsTOWN for the picture.