Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives working on a G24-4L COOKING RANGE PUSHING THE SPARK BUTTON AND HOLDING THE KNOBS HAVE GAS BUT NOT SPARKING WERE ARE THE ELECTRODES GETTING THERE SPARK FROM

• working on a G24-4L COOKING RANGE PUSHING THE SPARK BUTTON AND HOLDING THE KNOBS HAVE GAS BUT NOT SPARKING WERE ARE THE ELECTRODES GETTING THERE SPARK FROM

Posted by guest on June 20, 2018 at 12:00 am

pushing in spark button but electrodes arent sparking on any of the 4 pilots G24-4L RANGE ANY HELP

guest replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • ectofix

June 20, 2018 at 8:18 pm

BTW:  Here are some manuals to guide you through this challenging troubleshooting endeavor:

INSTALLATION AND OPERATION MANUAL

PARTS LIST

• ectofix

June 20, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Just a piezo Igniter.  Simplest and cheapest form of ignition to light a gas pilot or burner.

Looks like this:

Works like this:

Piezo ignition

I suggest checking for loose wires from it to each pilot.  Also check the condition of all the wires.  Might be grounding out through a bad spot in the wire insulation.

You can remove it and try a tongue-test, but I’ve never seen anyone bold enough to try it.  SO…I  highly discourage that.

• fixbear

June 20, 2018 at 9:11 pm

The 4 burners do not have ignition.  You have to light the pilots with a match or gas match.  The piezo lighter is only for the standard  oven.

• ectofix

June 21, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Good catch.  I’ve seen v-e-r-y few ranges having igniters at the pilots to the open-eye burners, but I know they’re out there.  With Garland’s committed use of EURO-SIT valves and thermostats, I assumed this was one of them – given that Mr. Thomas said that “(he was) pushing in spark button but electrodes arent (sic) sparking on any of the 4 pilots.”  From that, I mistakenly thought that there WERE igniters.

This post prompted me to write something relevant to it:

Importance of communication with customers

June 22, 2018 at 5:25 am

After reading your question, I’m thinking that you are pushing in the spark button and holding it down. If so, it doesn’t work like that. When you push it in, it creates a spark     once. You must push and release the button for each spark, that’s if its working properly and the electrode is placed properly, to light the pilot.

• fixbear

June 22, 2018 at 7:27 am

The confusing think on this one for me was that the 24 inch is  NOT a standard oven.  And does not have a lighter listed in it’s parts. Nor does a double 48 inch.

A few years back I came across a range in a church that they wanted the ovens calibrated.  The range was fairly new looking,  but not a name I had ever seen.  I was amazed to find that the top burners used the pilot to spark to the burner for ignition. Not one I had ever seen before.