Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Drive Socket replacement for old Vitamix VM0158

Tagged: 

• Drive Socket replacement for old Vitamix VM0158

Posted by Socket46 on November 18, 2023 at 2:00 pm

I have finally managed to strip the drive socket kit on my 2012 Vitamix 0158. I order a replacment kit, but it does not quite go on the same. Any suggestions on a part number?

fixbear replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • fixbear

November 18, 2023 at 9:47 pm

The drive is the same on all the commercial machines. Though I believe there was 2 sizes. I don’t see your model number though. Is it possible that it is a domestic machine? Other than that you just back off the Allen screw on the square motor shaft, (under the rubber bump collar) and pop the drive coupling up

• Tito

Administrator
    November 20, 2023 at 11:37 am

What drive socket did you order? 000891?

• Socket46

November 20, 2023 at 12:58 pm

Yes, the round insert piece will not quite fit. the old one has a shorter, fatter shaft (the piece that goes into the machine. Thanks for asking. Hope you can help

• fixbear

November 20, 2023 at 7:12 pm

Wait a minute, The drive couplings I’ve seen are a hollow square that the motor shaft goes into. Look at your old one and see if you pulled the wrong shaft out and need to remove it from the coupling for the new one. I don’t know, I may be in left field on this one.

• Tito

Administrator
    November 20, 2023 at 3:43 pm

I don’t have access to the dimensions of their parts. they do use a few different options. The G series or professional 300 series might be a domestic unit like Fixbear said.

• fixbear

November 20, 2023 at 8:11 pm

Be aware, that they have a trade in program for the domestic units.