Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Juicer piece broke, is that normal?

• Juicer piece broke, is that normal?

Posted by guest on March 14, 2017 at 12:00 am

Howdy Hey!

So here is another one I found in my shop today. Its an OCJ-20 Juicer made by Orangin.

The center piece between the 2 shafts or in this case, the hole in the center, is where the blade goes that cuts the oranges in half.

They somehow managed to break it off which I was quite surprised about, its welded from the backside, looks like its only fusion welded with no filler but none the less, welded all the way around and yet it broke off. 

Any of you seen that with these types of juicers before? To me it seems a bit excessive and I have a feeling someone might have been trying to get rock juice or something like that.

The black line is me finding the center so I can align the blade right.

That is the backside where they welded it originally, i drilled it out so you can’t see much of the weld anymore.

There it is temporarily mounted, the piece they broke off is the stainless shaft in the green casing. I drilled out the back of it and put a 1/4″ X 20 bolt in it to hold it while I weld it from the front, then I remove the bolt and weld it from the back.

Just wondering if anyone had run into similar things with other juicers.

olivero replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

March 14, 2017 at 11:49 am

A) do you have TIG ability?

B)  Can you gain assess to the back side?

\

Must have been a really hard object.  

• olivero

March 14, 2017 at 3:25 pm

A,Yes, I definetley have a TIG ability.

B, Yes, once I remove the motor, gears and shafts in the way……………………….

Its all done and fixed now, a lot of work for a small juicer but whatever, customer is happy all that matters.

Asked the OEM about it they say it only happens when people assemble it wrong and it gets run like that, don’t know about that but okay fine, ill take it.

• fixbear

March 14, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I get it now. Lobe timing.

• olivero

March 14, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Lobe timing? You mean the 2 knuckles that come around and go inside the hollowed out counter piece in exact synchronization? 

An awful lot of work for a juicer…..