Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I have a Blodgett BX-14G Combi-oven steamer. the manifold gaskets above the igniter keeps leaking.  we have changed gasket and “L” brackets.  retightened. stops leaking for a bit but just temporarily. any ideas ?

• fixbear

December 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm

This boiler is a open unit to the oven.  That means there should be only water weight on the gasket unless the oven has a venting /drain condenser problem..  To replace the gasket one has to remove the heat ex-changer.  Not a  easy job.  But with those L seal clamps and a gap on each one you have to be sure that the tank surface is not warped.  As I recall, wasn’t there teflon bolt gaskets too?  Like white washers?  To be honest, If this is reoccurring, bring in a Blodgett tech.  Or call Blodgett.  They know any problems with the design and how to correct them.

• genemattice

December 21, 2017 at 6:39 am

Yes,  there was white Teflon bolt gaskets too.  I can call Blodgett tech support but there doesn’t seem to be any Blodgett service in this area.  We had a Hobart Tech change one of them and they come from Waterloo which is quite a drive from here.

• john

December 22, 2017 at 5:04 pm

They haven’t kicked me out of the building yet!

So sorry I haven’t been around much guys. I’m glad you’ve been around helping other users out!

I’m proud to say I have been working hard on the new https://www.partstown.ca/ 

which preempts the future rollout of a new .com as well as a new look for TechTOWN.

Jive is going away as I understand it with their sale to another company. That’s not up to Parts Town, so it appears as though we’ll be making some changes in ’18. 

Please feel free to check out the .ca site if you’d like and use the right sidebar button to give feedback if you have any.

It’s worthwhile to collect feedback from all types of customers who visit our site, technicians included, so we’d really like to know what you think! We do read those comments, so if you have a suggestion for improvement or notice a bug, please let us know.

You’re right, TechTOWN doesn’t have apparent immediate revenue, by the by. But, it was never intended to make money. Truly, our goal here is to help others. I know the ship has changed course somewhat from the original mindset of technicians only, but know that we want this space to continue to grow, and it’s not because of dollar signs. If you have any comments or suggestions on improvements we can make, know that I am open to your thoughts. Now is the time, as we begin planning something new and exciting! You may always reach me, or any future admin (not that I’m planning to exit, won’t be rid of me so easily!) by emailing techtownsupport (@) partstown.com, (broke it up to prevent bots from spamming) which is a shared inbox for our team.

-John

January 11, 2018 at 8:39 am

Well,  I finally got back to the steam oven and found that the flame from the burner was right under the heat exchanger  gasket.  I just moved the burner assembly slightly and all 4 burners flames are now going up the tubes where they are supposed to be.  I will remove the mainifold and everything else on more time to see if this makes the difference. I have a feeling that it will.  Not many gaskets can take a flame like that.  I am thinking that while replacing ignighters etc, the tech may have moved the burner assembly and not noticed.  I will try to look at the screws that hold that down also

• fixbear

January 11, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Congratulation on solving the real problem.  And for letting us know what you found.

Page 2 of 2