Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Manual for old GE oven

• Manual for old GE oven

Posted by guest on October 24, 2016 at 12:00 am

I have a client with an old GE pizza oven. Was wondering where to get wiring diagrams for this make. No model and serial number plate. Will have to compare with pictures.

jimd replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

October 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I seem to remember being told way back in 1998 that parts support for the defunct GE commercial cooking appliance line was through Hobart.  Back in that day, I wasn’t the one hitting the parts manuals when I needed something, since everything was a hardcopy.  So I can’t be for sure.  I do know that parts support for the V-E-R-Y few GE units I worked on…came to a halt around the mid-2000s.

Sadly, that also applied to a range unit I was often called upon to repair.  It was owned by a day care center here in Nashville – for which I was always STERNLY reminded that Elvis Presley had bought that for them back in the ’70s.

Twas a sad day for me to tell them “The parts you need are no longer available”.

ANYWAY…back to your question:  You’re needing a wiring diagram

Hearkening back to the Hobart way of things, a wiring (or schematic) diagram can only be found in two places.  A service manual, or inside a panel on the unit.  Unlike some other manufacturers, the diagram was never included in an owner/operator instruction manual.  I can’t speak for how GE did it dozens of years ago.

FYI – Hobart only permits access to service manuals by their own techs.  Furthermore, nowadays Hobart technicians are limited to only accessing service manuals through their company-provided laptop computers…which are locked – so the files can’t even be printed or copied.

I know.  Yours is a GE – not a Hobart…and I’m not helping much.

I’m merely explaining that accessing Hobart technical literature under the constraints they have in place…along with the age of that equipment – makes it VERY unlikely that you’ll find your wiring diagram.  If whatever GE technical literature they have falls under those same auspices of their practices in propriety, WE (you and I) ain’t gettin’ any.

If you want to peruse the pictures in Hobart’s resource center to maybe find your GE oven rebadged as a Hobart, then here’s a link below.  Maybe you can track down a viable model number by looking at the spec sheets.

When you select a PRODUCT GROUP, look under COOKING.  As Hobart categorically lists their products, scroll down to Discontinued Products.  Your oven may be describes as a deck oven, a pizza oven, a roast oven or a bake oven.  Looking around at them, they all seem to resemble a classic deck oven in some way:

Home – Resource Center

• jimd

October 26, 2016 at 12:40 pm

I have some old GE manuals, wiring diagrams.  What is your model number ?