Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Does anyone know if it’s possible, to make a belt control NC13727-B for a Nieco broiler, turn the direction of the belt, the new one we installed, make the belt on the  broiler go the wrong way.

• Does anyone know if it’s possible, to make a belt control NC13727-B for a Nieco broiler, turn the direction of the belt, the new one we installed, make the belt on the  broiler go the wrong way.

fixbear replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 15 Replies
  • fixbear

November 1, 2018 at 4:57 am

I don’t believe you can flip this one. https://www.partstown.com/nieco/nc20786?pt-manual=NC-JF143_spm.pdf

Take a look.  You’ll see why.

• olivero

November 1, 2018 at 8:29 am

I Think he can, it’ll be like changing bearings on an electric motor but a smaller one. Tap the end off and flip it, looks like it might work.

• fixbear

November 1, 2018 at 12:19 pm

It looks like a ECDM with a 12 lead pigtail to remotely control it’s speed and direction.  I’ve come across some of them in larger frames that have to be programmed before install.  It could be that the power surge from the burn-up damaged it’s EPROM.

• olivero

November 6, 2018 at 7:54 pm

It’s possible, probably wouldn’t hurt to try it though.

I don’t know much about the fancy 12 wire stuff so I can’t say for sure.

• fixbear

November 6, 2018 at 8:53 pm

The EPA said we had to convert all refrigeration fans to ECDM about 8 years ago. Problem is that a unit motor cost me lass than $30. A ECDM equivalent was $350.  And they would not take the power surges of rural power grids. If you got 6 months out of one, you did good. The unit watt motors ran for 10 or more years.  They have gotten better, but not my cup of tea.

Unit watt motor or shunt wound 100% power

PCS motor        50% power usage

ECDM  (electronically commuted DC motor) 35% power usage

Like always, the government makes demands without fully evaluating the results to the field.

Page 2 of 2