Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Frymaster model k33fcsd. Low oil float switch. New. Customer says switch sticks so much they can’t use it. What can be the cause of so much sticking?

• Frymaster model k33fcsd. Low oil float switch. New. Customer says switch sticks so much they can’t use it. What can be the cause of so much sticking?

Posted by guest on May 24, 2017 at 12:00 am

what are the reasons for sticking low oil float switch?

fixbear replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

May 25, 2017 at 10:05 am

I can’t find any model from Frymaster with your numbers.  But assuming it is a fryer,  check the oil spec vs. Wellbuilts spec for the machine.  It may be congealing from glycerine or other impurities.  Optionally they may be running the oil to long or to high a temp.

• fixbear

May 25, 2017 at 10:41 am

I did find this in a CV manual;  This is a weekly item.

Clean Float Switch and Shaft If the fryer is equipped with a float switch, the float switch will need to be cleaned on a regular basis to ensure proper operation. NOTE: Mark top of float for correct positioning during reassembly. Using lock-ring pliers, remove lock-ring and float. Use a small, round brush to clean the opening in the float. Use a Scotch Brite ®pad or suitable substitute to clean float shaft. Handle parts carefully. Reverse above order to reassemble. If it is a KFC machine (as I suspect), They have a special built system and special cleanout manual that you can only get through KFC.
  • john

May 25, 2017 at 11:09 am

I’m with @fixbear on this, the only thing that makes sense is it needs to be cleaned better, the float itself could be new but if the spot where it goes is dirty, it will stick. Think carburetor in small engines. 

• fixbear

May 25, 2017 at 11:31 am

Think about where the float is.  At the top of the oil with all the floaties the stick to everything. It’s a item just asking for problems.