Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Rakin deluxe

• Rakin deluxe

Posted by guest on October 2, 2016 at 12:00 am

Why is my rakin deluxe rdgm ob-e-c cooling down and heating up while in operation?

fixbear replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

October 2, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Your model number does not compute.  Here’s a link to what RANKIN DELUX lists in the RDGM series:

http://www.rankindelux.com/id85.html

From what I can tell, that griddle is a manually control one, so no thermostat.

There are a number of things that could be affecting the temperature:

Bad gas supply to griddle – due to failed gas regulator due to gas supply valve being partially closed due to a poorly connected gas hose Bad gas supply within the griddle due to grease partially blocking the burner valve orifices due to partially clogged burner orifices due to clogged burner ports Bad air supply to the griddle due to clogged burner primary air inlets due to a clogged flue vent riser

If you have thermostats (which I think you DON’T), then there are other things to to check as well.

These are a few TYPICAL things to that need checked for in a manually-controlled griddle.  Check your flames to get an idea which it might be.

Only a few things can be addressed by you (i.e., improperly connected gas hose).  For most of these issues, I suggest you calling a technician.  You don’t want any unexpected fire to flare up or to burn your place down.

• fixbear

October 3, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Being non thermostatic controlled, Moisture content, idle time,  and load will change the griddle temperature drastically.. Try keeping one third hotter and move your product in and out of that area as needed. Dry anything you are grilling to prevent the moisture from dropping it to 212 F. Otherwise trade up for a regulated griddle if the temperature drift’s are a problem.

Ectofix’s reply is very correct and are the things to look at as grilling and salting  make a lot of airborne grease. They have to have a adequate ventilation system and grease fire protection. Even with ventilation grease goes through the whole kitchen and gets into burner air intakes, piolets, condensers,. and surfaces. This requires weekly wash downs and cleaning. Usually 6 months between burner service will work in most volume conditions.