Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Why is my digital display going crazy?

• Why is my digital display going crazy?

Posted by guest on April 11, 2017 at 12:00 am

Every morning the display goes crazy when turned on. The numbers run from 100 to 800 and Barry for about 15 minutes before the heating element starts to glow. After the oven reaches the correct temperature then it run fine all day and night. Next morning it’s the same routine…crazy numbers for at least 15 minutes. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem?

fixbear replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • olivero

April 11, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Sounds like a circuit board freakout.

• ectofix

April 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Since 1982, Lincoln has manufactured over a hundred different oven models…with numerous variations in design (upgrades and modifications) of ANY of them.

SO…providing your model and serial number could’ve helped to narrow down what you’re inquiring about.  Additionally, WHAT display goes crazy?  Time or temperature?

Given the numbers you DID provide, sounds like the temperature display.  Problems there could be:

A failing control board. A poor temperature probe connection. A failing temperature probe. Other possible related factors that a trained eye might look for.

MY suggestion on where to start looking for the problem?  Look here:

Lincoln Authorized Service Agency Locator

• olivero

April 11, 2017 at 5:03 pm

“MY suggestion on where to start looking for the problem?  Look here:

Lincoln Authorized Service Agency Locator

Haha, that was awesome.

• fixbear

April 11, 2017 at 5:36 pm

You guy’s are bad.  I can’t think of any machine on the hot side that looks so simple and has such a basic wiring diagram and principle of operation yet requires so much knowledge, precision, and experience. to properly trouble shoot and repair.