Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Help with Neico Part # 19970

Tagged: 

• Help with Neico Part # 19970

Posted by money on January 2, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Hi,

Was wondering if I could get just the replacement screens for this Nieco Flame Arrestor or if it has to be purchased as a whole unit. 

If sold seperatley, can some one help Identify the part #?

Thank you 

Parts Town Part # NC19970

money replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

January 2, 2020 at 4:29 pm

PLEASE provide an equipment model number in your questions here.  I had to figure it out for myself.

I (actually, most of us here at TechTown) don’t generally answer parts identification questions because that’s what PartsTown gets paid for.  I don’t get paid for any of my efforts here.

Be that as it may, I caught the fact that the part number you’d provided (19970) didn’t show up in their original owners manual, so I explored it further.

Here’s a PM guide Neico published on that Model MPB94 broiler some nine years after the original owners manual:

Nieco MPB94 Gas Preventative Maintenance Guide

In that publication, it explains that replacement screens ARE available, but only if you have the newer style flame arrestor (identified by part number in your question).

So if that’s the case, looks like you’ll need TWO of these:

Nieco 19980 Flame Arrestor, 13 Belt, MPB9

For any FUTURE help you might need with identifying replacement parts, here’s PartsTown’s page on how to contact them:

Our Digits and Details

• money

January 2, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Thank you Sir! 

• fixbear

January 2, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Oh wow.  Wanting to just replace the screen is really not a option.  It is a very special alloy that is crimped in when the back is put on.  It’s done in a very special fixture in a moderately heavy press.  Just finding that combustion chamber alloy in the proper screen size would be a challenge..  The screen itself would not be sold by the manufacturer as it probably was a outsource item due to the complexity of the item..  There are company’s that do nothing but combustion parts due to the difficulty of the alloys used and the need to have the alloy pedigree to form it. Cut and try to bend it the wrong way and you make junk..

• ectofix

January 2, 2020 at 7:29 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  The designs of these special types of components (this just being a “flame arrestor) can be expensive to replace if not properly cared for.

If he still has the original one(P/N 16202) that probably came with the broiler, then there’s no option but to replace it with an entirely new one bearing the part number (P/N 19970) in his initial post.

If he already HAS the newer one, then the screens ARE replaceable.

Lucky for him that he wasn’t needing the smoke-eating Incendalyst located on top of the broiler.  THAT price is just OUTRAGEOUS!

Here’s a graphic explaining the replaceable screens in the newer flame arrestor:

• money

January 6, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Thank you for all the info Gentlemen!