Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Lamber 050F PS tripping breaker

• Lamber 050F PS tripping breaker

Posted by Anonymous on October 13, 2023 at 7:29 pm

The 5A circuit breaker is tripping as soon as the start cycle button is pressed. I can’t locate it on the schematic and not sure what is tripping it. All the wires are blue so it’s making it hard to track down without a meter. What does this breaker protect?

fixbear replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

October 14, 2023 at 10:38 am

That would have to be the control circuit safety. Should be Fc on your schematic. It powers MT4 that is the safety relay and kills everything accept the power light. The wiring diagram that I have shows it only powering the relay, but that would not be correct for the protection of the control circuits. I think that it should show it connecting on the “R” side feed below the circuit breaker, not at the light.

Now, the first and only item energized after power up is the relay and water valve through the pressure switch. (tank Full) So when you power up, is the breaker tripping before it’s full of water or after? Now once the sump tank pressure switch closes, MT3 and MT1 close and power the heat relays. After the booster reaches temp the thermostat opens and energizes the sump heater. That one is on the control circuit.

Likely points to look at are to ohm the sump heater for a short to ground. And a wiring abrasion where the door opens and closes. Other than that it may be the coil of the water valve.

I forgot to ask you if it has the chemical pump? If so, that is also on that load.

• bbram

October 14, 2023 at 11:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply fixbear. I was able to trace the wire down to the motor. So the circuit breaker is between the front left relay and the pump motor. It only trips when the grey cycle start button is pushed. Heating, draining, filling all seem to work okay. The motor starting capacitor seems to test good using an ohm meter. The motor spins freely powered off so it’s not in a bind. At this point I’m assuming the motor windings are shorted.

• fixbear

October 16, 2023 at 3:27 pm

Ohm the motor windings and windings to ground. Sum of run/common and start common should equal start/run.