Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General lincoln 1301 over temp faulsly trips

Tagged: 

• lincoln 1301 over temp faulsly trips

Posted by JimLeo on April 7, 2022 at 11:52 am

Hi, I have several Lincoln 1301 Ovens. One keeps kicking out on over temp. I replaced the OT with a new one, didn’t help. I believe the tube is in the right position. If I set the oven a bit cooler, like 500F, it does not trip. I have done some calibrations and it would appear the Thermocouple and temp controller are working properly. Also, I can tell based on running a pizza thru the oven, that when I set the thermostat at the max temp I can, without the over temp kicking, that the oven temperature is not as hot as it should.

Also, there is nothing restricting air flow. I have even swapped the fan/ heating element (entire back of oven) with another and it makes no difference.

For the life of me I can not think of anything else to try.

Thank you in advance for you thoughts.

JimLeo replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

April 7, 2022 at 2:19 pm

Which high temp thermostat is tripping, T1 or T2. T1 has a capillary tube and goes into the oven chamber, T2 is the control box high limit next to the air pressure switch and is a surface mount Klixon type. If it is T2, replace the control box fan as it trips at 149F. Or you have a insulation gasket that wasn’t replaced when you had the back off. They have to be replaced every time the back is removed to prevent leakage of heat.

• JimLeo

April 7, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Sorry, I tried really hard to be specific. It is T1, and I replaced the insulation. I just opened it back up and moved the tube so it’s actualy touching the inlet of the oven (square openings). I know it is not supposed to be touching anything but I did that because I knew it would bring the indicating temp down a tad. I then set the thermostat to 550 F, set my speed to 6 minutes and cooked a perfect pizza without an over temp! This really makes me believe the new OT I just bought is not accurate, although the old one seemed to do the exact same thing.

• fixbear

April 8, 2022 at 12:38 pm

Placement of the bulb is all important so that heat saturation doesn’t give a false trip. adequate air flow is also important. Have the fingers been disassembled and cleaned?

• JimLeo

April 8, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Yes, the fingers have been cleaned and are set up correctly.