Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Manitowoc QD-0132A not freezing ice

Tagged: 

• Manitowoc QD-0132A not freezing ice

Posted by tea0z1ac on June 26, 2023 at 1:15 pm

It was working fine Friday, whole bin was full. Saturday I turned it to OFF because I had water cut off to the building to do some plumbing. Sunday evening turned it back ON and overnight it made no ice and still won’t. There is water to the machine, it flows water over the evaporator (I think that’s what the ice tray is called). If I push the float down, it lets in water. The pump will turn. I cleaned the filter and ran 1oz manitowoc ice machine cleaner in the water tray through a CLEAN cycle, then put it back to ice. Still nothing. The evaporator feels cool, but not cold. The machine is pulling in air from the front left and exhausting hot air from the front right.

We are having a heat wave now and our ground water is very warm could this be stopping it from freezing it? But it should be just recirculating what’s in the tray, right?

fixbear replied 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

June 26, 2023 at 8:39 pm

Ok, that machine can be 12 years old or more. First make sure it is in the ice mode, not clean. Next, check if the compressor underneath is running. Should feel a vibration and the discharge tube will be very hot. Will boil moisture.. (We tend to wet our fingers to protect from burns) Check If the condenser fan is moving the proper amount of air through the condenser. Feel the bottom tube of the condenser for temperature. It should be just above the ambient room temp. Next carefully touch the top tube. it should be hot to the touch. Next feel the bottom tube going to the evaporator. Should be cold. If warm, you may have a harvest solenoid problem.

If the compressor is not running, you found your problem. If the condenser discharge (bottom tube) is hot, another problem found. Requires better cleaning of the condenser or the fan motor has a bad bearing.

Here is a service manual for that machine that will help; 80-01111-9_Handbook.book (static-pt.com)