Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General MAXX Ice MIM100

• MAXX Ice MIM100

Posted by BillyB on December 6, 2020 at 6:04 pm

Maxx Ice MIM100 makes ice for a few minutes and then stops This issue just startd Control LED light starts green and I hear water and compressor runnung then the LED starts flashing green and no sound and ice is not being made

fixbear replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

December 6, 2020 at 6:57 pm

BillyB, tell me more on this.

1) Is this in a domestic or commercial setting?. 100 pounds per day isn’t much.

2) How long have you had this machine and how old is it?

When was the last time it was cleaned and sanitized? The absolute biggest cause of ice machine failures.

The flashing green LED is just to tell you that the evaporator has reached ice temp and the machine is operating on the timer. It should take 20 min. before it goes yellow into harvest.

If you do not have a manual for it, one can be found here.

• fixbear

December 6, 2020 at 7:05 pm

I forgot to tell you, AFTER monitoring and recording what you see and observe over a 1/2 hour of operation, Reboot the control. Start by shut down/power off to end cycle. Then disconnect the power for 10 seconds. Then turn it on. Maxx Ice has had some board errors depending on the board it has. Also the thermistors are minimal . Make sure that it is attached (has good contact) to the evaporator tail coil and not damaged.