Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Cold Side Scotsman Prodigy C0522SW-1B

• Scotsman Prodigy C0522SW-1B

Posted by Sanchezhvac on February 1, 2022 at 7:51 pm

I have a Scotsman ice machine that wasn’t running when I got there. There was a code 2 Max Harvest Time Shutdown. I reset the diagnostic and the machine went through its freeze cycle no problem, but when it came time to harvest it maxed out. The machine was a little dirty so I took it apart cleaned it and ran cleaner through the machine as well. I put it all back together and the same thing would happen. I noticed that the ice would stick, but eventually drop. By the time it would drop it had already reached Max harvest time. I inspected the ice and it looked a little too thick, so I adjusted the ice thickness sensor. The first and second time it dropped ice, but it still looked like the ice was sticking and it was almost very close to its max harvest time when it would drop. The third time it tried to harvest, but then it maxed out again. Not sure what I need to check besides just making sure its cleaned. The ice machine is only about 3-4 years old.

fixbear replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

February 2, 2022 at 10:26 am

I’m at a bit of a disadvantage because I can not see, hear, or feel the machine and room it’s in. Scotsman machines have always been temperamental to placement and surroundings. especially ambient Temp.

But three things come to mind. Plate grid not fully seated or etched, Harvest assist not functioning, or hot gas not to temp. Like low charge or Head pressure set to low. Or even the hot gas solenoid not opening.

This is the service manual for that machine. Troubleshooting is page 47

• fixbear

February 2, 2022 at 10:37 am

I forgot to mention that cleaning one of these is a meticulous job and attention to detail is very important. Most Scot problems are with cleaning. And plate etching from the wrong cleaner. Read the manual on cleaning it. It will save you a lot of aggravation later. Pay particular attention to the harvest pin. Sometimes the machines get so much minerals that the pin will not retract.