Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Taylor 220-27 Batch Freezer

Tagged: 

• Taylor 220-27 Batch Freezer

Posted by NapaButcher on October 30, 2023 at 4:08 pm

Trying to sell a used batch freezer- never used it myself. I was told it was working perfectly. Perspective buyer said the hopper should be getting icy like the top compartment. It’s cold, but not icing?

fixbear replied 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Tito

Administrator
    October 31, 2023 at 9:00 am

I am not sure what the question is here. are you looking for help fixing a problem? or posting as a item for sale?

• NapaButcher

October 31, 2023 at 11:03 am

Thank you Tito,

I was asking a muddled question.

• fixbear

October 31, 2023 at 10:04 am

It has two different refrigeration systems. One is for the chill tank and the other is for the mixing system. But it has to have product for the freeze chamber to work correctly. I have had several of the older ones that the coil in the freezing cylinder developed a slow leak. So yes, it may not be freezing as it is supposed to. Have a service agent take a look at it. What refrigerant does it contain? Picture of the name plate will tell all. Should have the refrigerant’s and amount in each system.

• fixbear

October 31, 2023 at 10:14 am

It has two different refrigeration systems. One is for the chill tank and the other is for the mixing system. But it has to have product for the freeze chamber to work correctly. I have had several of the older ones that the coil in the freezing cylinder developed a slow leak. So yes, it may not be freezing as it is supposed to. Have a service agent take a look at it. What refrigerant does it contain? Picture of the name plate will tell all. Should have the refrigerant’s and amount in each system.

Some of the Taylors used a solenoid valves and a single compressor system, which your electrical plate indicates.

No machine likes to be set aside for long periods without a need for recommissioning by a technician. Especially if it wasn’t placed in storage correctly.

• NapaButcher

October 31, 2023 at 10:48 am

Thank you,

sounds like I’ll need to call Taylors.

While it sounds like you need to test it with product/base to get a good read on the freeze chamber, I don’t want to sell something not operating correctly.

Much appreciated!

• p0lishh

March 28, 2024 at 7:10 pm

What’s overrun on that machine?

• fixbear

March 29, 2024 at 1:14 pm

Over run varies with mix, cylinder temp, air adjustments and agitator torque. Also, the fat content of the mix has a big effect on the mouth feel.