Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Thunderbird TB-400E meat grinder parts

• Thunderbird TB-400E meat grinder parts

Posted by Anonymous on March 20, 2024 at 12:08 pm

Hello!
    I have a thunderbird TB-400E meat grinder, and I am missing a part that goes on the worm. I am looking for the plastic washer and bushing that goes on it. When I look at the parts list, it says the bushing I need is “Thunderbird TB-400E-7 Plastic Bushing”, but the diameter is too large to fit snug on the worm. “Thunderbird TB-300E-7 Plastic Bushing” seems to be the right size, but it’s for the 300 model! I also need a washer to go with it but can’t seem to find it on this website. Does anyone know where I can source this? Thanks in advance!

fixbear replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

March 21, 2024 at 8:15 pm

I haven’t seen any Thunderbird meat choppers yet, But if it’s like most heads, it will have a thrust baring on the auger shaft that keeps the cutter adjustment to the plate. Often with a fiber washer between the nylon one and the auger. But I don’t see that with this grinders parts list. Just the nylon one. If you can Mic the shaft diameter and outside of the bushing, its’ easy to find fiber washers at industrial supply houses. With less expensive import grinders, not all meet NSF specs. So they often place a “C” clip on the shaft to prevent loss.