Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I HAVE A HOSHIZAKI TOGGLE SWITCH PART I HAVE A HOSHIZAKI TOGGLE SWITCH PART

• ectofix

January 4, 2018 at 9:19 am

RONDELL replied:

I have a hoshizaki toggle and my pumps are not alternating what should I check next part #443119-01

I can’t make heads or tails out of what you said.

Yes, part number 443119-01 is the correct switch for a Hoshizaki ice machine.  However, I suggest testing it before replacing it.  That switch is a standard double-pole/double-throw switch and can easily be tested using an ohmmeter.

You said “pumps” (plural) – as if there’s more that one.  Well, there’s only one pump in an ice machine.  A water pump to circulate water from the reservoir up to the evaporator plate to make the ice out of and assist in harvest.

Maybe you’re calling the compressor a pump? 

Furthermore, you said the “pumps” are not “alternating”.  What do you mean by “alternating“?  Do you mean that the ONE pump in the machine is not RUNNING?  Is the compressor not running as WELL?  Maybe you’re saying that NOTHING is running.

Can’t help you without more details and a clearer statement of what problem you’re having.  Please provide a model number of the machine, too.