Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Rational SCCWE202G Glass Pane Bundle 87.01.415

• ectofix

October 23, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Uh…NO!  Definitely a new one on me.

You’re an in-house tech, RIGHT? So, your establishment is much like mine. A place that’s a TRUE testing ground for the equipment’s durability. 

Put a forty-thousand dollar oven at the mercy of culinary staff bearing absolutely NO fear of repercussions (i.e., repair bills) for the abuse/neglect that they can impose upon said equipment. Rest assured that they’ll find the most UNIQUE ways to break it!

• ectofix

October 23, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Those little plastic water pumps ARE powerful.  Being not much bigger than the size of your fist, they’ll pump four gallons of water in about twenty seconds.

• olivero

October 25, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Hahhaa! 

I’m not the only one!

Sometimes I feel I am the only one that runs into these things that just leave me flabbergasted. The ones where you just shake your head and drag the part to the shop to weld it back together, or cry, or both.

No, for once I can say I haven’t seen that, that’s incredible.

Ectofix & Fixbear, it’s not just us!

• fixbear

October 25, 2018 at 6:03 pm

I once had a rental hall that let anyone come in and cook for their function.  Some had chef’s, and some did not.  But It was the ones that thought they were chef’s that did the most destruction to the equipment.  And when things went bad it was always” I didn’t Know That”.   He only operated about a year and a half before loosing his shirt.  Can’t say I didn’t warn him.  But when a well equipped commercial kitchen is left vacant for weeks at a time and someone comes in to cook for a single function,  You can imagine the condition it winds up as.  And many had never seen a steam kettle or steamer.  Let alone a Alto-Sham and stacked convection ovens. 

• ares

November 6, 2018 at 4:53 pm

The funny thing is I have another stadium account that has a 20 year old Alto Convitherm thats still chugging along peacefully, not bothering anyone.

• olivero

November 6, 2018 at 5:50 pm

What’s the model # on it?

• fixbear

November 6, 2018 at 6:23 pm

They have always been one of the best.

• olivero

November 6, 2018 at 6:54 pm

I disagree with that statement

• fixbear

November 6, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Across the board, Altro Sham over the years has had the best longivity.  Let’s face it, none are perfect.  They also were the first combi.

• olivero

November 6, 2018 at 7:34 pm

I like Alto-Shaam way more than Rational and Convotherm, I’ve worked a lot on Convotherm and the new one is horrific, the older one is okay.

I never worked on Alto-shaam but went to a testing place and got to see inside the electrical compartment of one and they are NICE. Rational is like a rats nest on the one I worked on, impossible to find anything easily.

Page 2 of 4