Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Rational SCCWE202G Glass Pane Bundle 87.01.415

• fixbear

November 8, 2018 at 1:49 pm

I was referring to the first design of a high moisture pressurized oven back in the sixties that eventually turned into the combi’s. They were relay logic and several manufacturers tried to copy them unsuccessfully. 

• fixbear

November 8, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Exactly why I use insulated gloves with 250V and up   When I was about 20, I got to see first hand what a little dust and high humidity will do with 480V  Blew a basketball size hole right threw the main transfer panel of my 1200KW generator. I was lucky to be about 10 ft to the side.

• fixbear

November 8, 2018 at 2:18 pm

ectofix wrote:

Funny that I still have YET to see any Chefs or cooks capitalizing on the pre-programmed cook cycles.  For THAT matter, I RARELY see ovens used in COMBI mode.

I see them mainly used as just a steamer.  The ONLY use of them as convection oven (just HOT AIR) are the ones we have in our banquet kitchen – where they’re commonly preparing 3000 meals for a group being served lunch.

That’s because of the lack of true training on them.  Especially formal training..  And when was the last time you saw a chef actually read a manual?  A rarity for sure.

• badbozo2315

November 8, 2018 at 6:34 pm

> They were relay logic and several manufacturers

I think I worked on one of those. Very early in my days, my boss showed me a combi like thing (brand lost to time) that had what seemed like dozens of SS relays with apparently translucent covers, all on one vertical board. The thing was, this board faced out towards the cooling slots in the side cover, and when the sun from the window *right* next to the unit shined in through those slots, at just the right angle, that machine would just go nuts. 

• fixbear

November 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm

They basically had 2 or 3 control circuits that a temp probe measuring product temp would change from one temp to another with a hold timer.

They had a stainless interior that was wrapped around the outside with a heating cable.  They were a real pain to change and took a lot of hours.

Most were either scrapped or delegated to a air tight storage unit when the cable went open.

Page 4 of 4