Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives why does the water continue to flow through the bottom of the pan?

• why does the water continue to flow through the bottom of the pan?

Posted by guest on September 4, 2016 at 12:00 am

Water continues to over flow into the Ice chest

fixbear replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

September 4, 2016 at 5:30 pm

Don’t know.  As a technician, I’d have to be there to see that.  When I think of a Hoshi, I picture a cuber.  A cuber has an overflow tube, so even a stuck fill valve wouldn’t cause that.

Maybe yours is a flaker, so a faulty float valve?  I don’t know.  Very little experience here on their flakers.

HINT:  To get on-line help on your ice machine – PLEASE PROVIDE A MODEL NUMBER.  That way, people like me (who can possibly help you) would know what you’re talking about.

• alnelson

September 4, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Did you just happen to take the machine apart and clean it and when you put it back together the ice deflector or perhaps a different part got put in wrong so water drips into the bin during freeze?

• fixbear

September 8, 2016 at 10:27 am

Given as little background as we have on this machine, I’ll be a bit generic. 

1) Is the machine level

2) Is the spray bar clean and installed correctly.

3) Is the drain pan cracked or not mounted level. Is it free of foreign objects.

4) Are the hose to pan and pump clamped and not cracked.

5) Is the pump not leaking at the seal or housing. Cracks are common in the back housing

6) Is the ice plate securely mounted and plumb

7) Is the cover intact and fully closing, and correctly placed on the pivot pins.

If all these are correct, then check if the pump has been changed with a generic of to high of a capacity. This moves water at a rate to high so that it sprays instead of tricking over the plates  This is basically what goes trough the minds of all Ice machine technicians with the problem you presented to us.