Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side 36CGM16300 Steamer tripping GFCI & condensate spray problems.

• olivero

February 18, 2020 at 3:12 pm

I think it was a messed up connection yes, the light went out on the main power switch so I replaced it with a new one, now it works and the low water light is behaving, perhaps water got in the wrong spot.

One of the hoses popped off at one point and sprayed stuff with water, so I’m not sure what got hit but I think the main power switch did since there was signs of shorting across terminals.

• fixbear

February 18, 2020 at 4:23 pm

Voltage?

If you have signs of arcing, You need to dry it out and megger if before re-powering. Obviously anything with tracking or arcs needs to be replaced. The left over carbon trail will just relight when the humidity is high. I lost a 500 amp fused disconnect that way from a fog bank. Set the 40 ft refrigerated trailer on fire and blew a 6 inch hole through the frount of the panel. Never poped the breaker on the 350 KVA generator.

• olivero

February 19, 2020 at 9:09 am

Wow, that sounds crazy.

It’s a 120V unit, not too bad. I replaced that main power switch, now everything seems to be working properly again.

Page 2 of 2