Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives model #udo140a – 161 b

• model #udo140a – 161 b

Posted by guest on May 14, 2016 at 12:00 am

Our ice machine will not make ice the water just continues to run . and the fan will not cut in

fixbear replied 8 years ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

May 14, 2016 at 6:31 pm

I’m sorry, but that model number doesn’t cross to anything.  Here’s the service manual on the closest I could find:

http://www.manitowocice.com/asset/?id=vuczr

So, the water cycles, but no ice.  So, there are many other questions to answer…

Is the compressor running? When is the last lime you’ve taken the machine apart to be cleaned & delimed machine in the past six months? Does the machine not cycle into harvest when water loses contact with the harvest float switch? Does the machine cycle into harvest before water loses contact with the harvest float switch? Is it frozen up?

Ultimately, I suggest cleaning it first by following the instruction inside the.  If it doesn’t work then, you may need to call a service company.

• fixbear

May 19, 2016 at 11:44 am

Check the water tray. It’s common for the bracket to break on the right side from being hit with the ice scoop and the tray sagging and allowing water flow into the Ice bin drain. The compressor does not have the capacity to cool a constant supply of incoming water to below 32 degrees.  Undercounters are fussy.

As for the fan not starting, This machine has a unit bearing condenser fan that after 3 to 5 years will bind from lack of lubrication if the condenser is not kept clean on a monthly basis from high heat. The oil in it will turn to carbon and bind up the motor. Check it to see if it is free.

Third, you may want to check the compressor discharge for heat, as I have had several of these lose the condenser coils. Cost of repairing comes to close to replacement if that is the case.

Year? Amount of service that the machine has had?