Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Ice machine model ID-0452A

• Ice machine model ID-0452A

Posted by guest on August 24, 2016 at 12:00 am

We cleaned our ice machine yesterday and once it was done put it back together but now it won’t make any ice?  Is there a reset button?

fixbear replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • alnelson

August 24, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Everything is done from the front control panel. No other reset buttons anywhere.

What does the display say?

• ectofix

August 25, 2016 at 7:03 am

I have absolutely NO experience on those relatively new ice machines.  I just wonder though…since it’s SO electronically controlled, would unplugging (or shutting off the breaker) for thirty seconds – allow it to reset?  That’s what I’d try…

• alnelson

August 25, 2016 at 7:29 am

Yep. I forgot about that, lol

Those will get the blue screen of death, in which case you need to unplug power cord or turn off breaker, wait thirty seconds and plug back in.

• fixbear

September 1, 2016 at 3:29 pm

When you cleaned the machine, did you use the touch screen to enter clean? Did the machine go back to ice making after on the screen? Requires a proper touch on the pad.

Is the spray bar and ice sensor back in the right position?

Is the harvest cover closed? And is the magnet still in the cover?

Is the pump operating?

I do not recommend depowering the unit, as it takes it 2 weeks to fully learn your location and get fully efficient. You can press the down arrow and the checkmark twice to do a reset that should put it back in Ice mode if it got locked up in economy or clean..

• davejohnsonnola

September 1, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Two weeks to learn location?

• fixbear

September 2, 2016 at 7:06 am

Yes, the Indago machines sense water quality, ice usage, ambient temp, harvest time, ice making time, and constantly adjust for the most economy and production. When you set up one the first harvest, production time and purge are real long. Then cycle time gets shorter as the machine learns the site and production goes up.

If you remember the old Scotsman contour cubers before electronic one had to visit there customer twice a year and tweak the timer due to the kitchen getting cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Electronics with memory have solved this for us. Early versions had board and sensor problems, But the latest seem to work well if the water is good.

• davejohnsonnola

September 2, 2016 at 9:20 am

Wow…thankful that most of what I have here is a fleet of 20 year old ice-o-matics that have only needed pumps and the occaisional rubber mallet tap on the evaporator plates!

• fixbear

September 2, 2016 at 1:01 pm

The efficiency of the new machines is amazing. Compressors are half as big for the same production. My customers did not like losing the contour cube, but Scotsman could not improve the harvest times to meet EPA. Hozasaki makes a nice bar cube, but are pricey and pumps are expensive.  They also have pump seal and bearing problems.. I like Icematic and Manatowic. The Manatowic’s seem to last the best in this area, except for coil/ plate separation on the top corners. That’s when you have to replace the head. Icematic seems to like having the cube plate dividers rise from the freeze cycle and the harvest covers like to crack if someone doesn’t know how to properly remove it. I personally like water cooled as we have a abundance of water that is cheap and kitchen grease is a bitch to clean out of the condensers without making a mess. Other area’s of the country have water limitations that prohibit water cooled. Remote condensers are a lot of install work and labor to move the machine. They also have lower production rates/efficiency.

• ectofix

September 2, 2016 at 5:44 pm

Great post.

• fixbear

September 2, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Thank you, but it is just my observation’s over the years. I am almost 70 now and worked on refrigeration since 1965. Hope my incites can help someone starting out. Believe me I made my share of mistakes over the years, but never lost a customer from any thing that I  had control over or did.