Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Vulcan 1gr65 fryer, installed new thermopile but pilot wont stay lit, any suggestions.

• fixbear

October 10, 2018 at 4:11 pm

Don’t know what manual that is from,  But that is why we carry digital volt ohm amp meters. Measure the millivolts first at the valve.

Wait,  I know where it came from.   Fryer repair for dummys.

• ectofix

October 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm

fixbear wrote:

Don’t know what manual that is from,  But that is why we carry digital volt ohm amp meters. Measure the millivolts first at the valve.

Wait,  I know where it came from.   Fryer repair for dummys.

• fixbear

October 10, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Hey,  I made my living on coming in after a part’s changer tried to fix it.  With a suitable price structure to support it for the aggravation.

• ectofix

October 10, 2018 at 5:03 pm

Your referenced screenshot is from a website that caters to DIY (do-it-yourself) repairs.  You happened to miss the first TWO steps BEFORE coming right out and saying to replace the valve. 

Here’s what you skipped:

The hi-limit in the OP’s (original poster’s) Vulcan fryer doesn’t have a red reset switch.  Even if it DID, that component sees much abuse (due to its sensing bulb design) and should always be first to receive initial scrutiny. 

While the steps explained ABOVE are suited for DIYer, a technician would quickly assess a failed hi-limit with a VOM.

FWIW:  I’d love to simply pull up a chair and observe a DIYer intent on swapping the wires on the hi-limit in a Vulcan fryer.  I think that’d be very entertaining.  I also think that after the first twenty minutes, they WOULD BE WILLING to pay ME to do it!

SO, use that website as you may, but realize that technicians DON’T.  It’s silly, dumbed-down and falls FAR short of conveying the skills that we technicians possess.

• john

October 10, 2018 at 5:11 pm

fipe does say in his profile that he has 0-5 years experience on the cold side. That would make him a tech, albeit one not experienced on hot side.

Also, welcome fipe!

• ectofix

October 10, 2018 at 6:46 pm

partstownjohn wrote:

fipe does say in his profile that he has 0-5 years experience on the cold side. That would make him a tech, albeit one not experienced on hot side.

John, this came to mind when I read that:

George Strait – “Ocean Front Property” – YouTube 

• fipe

October 11, 2018 at 8:28 am

Now I know where to get the right help Thanks Gentlemen!  

• john

October 11, 2018 at 9:22 am

John, this came to mind when I read that:

George Strait – “Ocean Front Property” – YouTube 

Image result for i see what you did there meme

Heh

Page 2 of 2