Central Supply

Receptionist

St Anthony Healthcare

1400 w 21 St

Clovis, NM   88101

575-762-4705

• fixbear

May 3, 2017 at 3:37 pm

First off, what is the brew temp?  Depending on the coffee supplier,  and how they roast their coffee,  and the bean source, and blend his coffee.  Most will need between 198F to 206 F for the max flavor. 202F is norm for a full city roast of arabica and robusto blend..  They will be happy to tell you the maximun extration temperature that their coffee needs.

Next you will need a way to measure it that is fast acting and calibrated.  Now you remove the top cover and on the left side about 2/3 rds of the way back is a thermostat. With a screw driver you can tweak the temp into spec.  Make sure to allow the boiler to recover between test.  A little goes a long way, so be gentle. 

• ammuraco

May 3, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Our coffee is running between 165 and 175.  It is way to hot for our residents as one got burned from it with lots of blisters, very ****.  Thank you for your assistance and we will try this and I will let you know if it works.

Again thanks,

Ann M Muraco

Accounts Payable

Central Supply

Receptionist

St Anthony Healthcare

1400 w 21 St

Clovis, NM   88101

575-762-4705

• fixbear

May 3, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Turn the warmer off. These tend to get it oxidized and over heat.  It may not be the brew temp that is the problem.  BTW brewing below 193F will make a very weak product. with thin color and poor taste.  I have seen this in group homes before that I serviced.  Try using pour carafes from the pot to lower the temp and serve in a ceramic cup.  Both will absorb a lot of the heat before the user drinks it.  Anything over 135 will cause severe burns if the drinker isn’t proficient.

• fixbear

May 3, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Good luck Anne I have a personal knowledge of the heath care industry, and know what you are going through.  We have 6 homes in this area that I serviced before retiring.  .

• ammuraco

May 4, 2017 at 9:00 am

Thank you very much for your patience and knowledge.  It is good to know there is someone out there that is willing to help.

Ann M Muraco

Accounts Payable

Central Supply

Receptionist

St Anthony Healthcare

1400 w 21 St

Clovis, NM   88101

575-762-4705