Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Blodgett convection oven heats up to temperature and maintains it for about two hours and then it shuts off

• Blodgett convection oven heats up to temperature and maintains it for about two hours and then it shuts off

guest replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 31 Replies
  • olivero

November 26, 2016 at 8:39 am

I am pretty sure the combustion blower is what engages the centrifugal switch. unless there is 2. Does this unit have a combustion blower?

• coby1

November 26, 2016 at 10:08 am

It appears to have atmospheric burners, no combustion fan motor.

• ectofix

November 26, 2016 at 11:57 am

Olivero, I think I’ve worked on the type of convection you’re talking about.  Vulcan (and I think Hobart) made ovens which had an in-shot burner (or something like it) installed in the rear of the oven that had a combustion blower.  I hated working on those things.  Didn’t see but just a few of them though, thankfully.

EDIT:  Added a few things –

MOST gas convection ovens DO NOT require or use a combustion blower motor, since the burners are just atmospheric type.  The only motor at play here in this model Blodgett is the CONVECTION blower motor.  It must be running for the ignition circuit to be enabled.  That’s fairly standard of ANY convection oven.

Same for electric convection ovens, except a heat contactor for the heating elements closes when the convection blower motor reaches operating speed (by way of the centrifugal switch).

AND…this all holds true for our COMBI-OVENS as well.

• olivero

November 26, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Right, I am aware they are that way in combi ovens some tilt skillets and kettles. Never noticed the centrifugal switch on the convection ove, my Vulcan’s are not equipped with a combustion blower I just figured the centrifugal switch was closed by only the combustion blower, but it appears I am incorrect, which is good. Because I learned something

I believe the system is called a “zero gas pressure” system with the combustion blower.

• ectofix

November 26, 2016 at 4:52 pm

olivero wrote:

I believe the system is called a “zero gas pressure” system with the combustion blower.

Yes, you’d used that phrase before regarding the combi-oven burners, which sent me off researching – since I’d never heard that described to me before.  As you said, we’re always learning in this trade and you’re bringing that one up is teaching me something new.

• john

November 29, 2016 at 11:34 am

Question renamed to reflect proper manufacturer and moved into proper manufacturer subcategory.

-John

• cooling

November 29, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Your problem is that you’re flame sensing rod is not sensing the signal to the sparkling module or not strong enough I

suggest you change the whole pilot assembly and get a good firm ground on that pilot assembly with time this blodgett convection ovens they tend to do this magical surprise.

I hope this was helpful

• coby1

November 30, 2016 at 2:14 pm

The problem was with the convection fan run capacitor being too weak to allow the fan motor to run, thus causing it to stop and this would shut down the oven until it was reset by cycling power to it. Everything else checked out and the oven continues running very well since the run capacitor was changed out.

• olivero

November 30, 2016 at 2:25 pm

ITs what we do bud. Gotta keep up with all this fancy schmancy technology

• olivero

November 30, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I think its appropriate with an official Ata-boy!

Page 3 of 4