Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I have a Hobart Slicer Model 3813 need help with

August 3, 2017 at 4:15 pm

If there is an identical machine next to it, try swapping outlets, the GFI might be NG.

• ectofix

August 3, 2017 at 6:01 pm

moldypickle, please share what you found to be the problem with those of us who made an effort to help you.

• moldypickle

August 4, 2017 at 5:53 am

Slicer is still running strong, gets used daily, electricians checked the GFI and no issue there either (I suppose we could just replace it) although they are telling me that they never have to reset the GFI.  2 identical 3813 slicers side by side, each with a dedicated circuit.  I can swap GFI’s easily, trouble still won’t re-appear.  I would like to at least see something fail.  I haven’t resorted to parts changer– just yet   

• ectofix

August 4, 2017 at 7:00 am

Intermittent problems – especially one like that, are MOST aggravating to resolve.

Thanks for the update.

• fixbear

August 4, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Something like this can be as simple as oxidation on the plug prongs from fumes of sanitation cleaners. Plugging and unplugging the power lead wipes it away for a while.  And I don’t know anything as frustrating as a problem that comes and goes.

We definitely thank you for the revised situation report.  It is the only reason that we like to help others.

Page 2 of 2