Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Beverage Air MT-22 Question

• Beverage Air MT-22 Question

Posted by guest on June 2, 2017 at 12:00 am

Have a Beverage Air MT-22. Runs all the time frosted up temp is about 50.  Freon back pressure is 15lbs. I reclaimed the freon & recharged exact measure of 11 ozs as per nameplate. Fans are running evap and cond. Cond is free of dirt. 

ectofix replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

June 2, 2017 at 5:53 pm

marv60 wrote:

Have a Beverage Air MT-22. Runs all the time frosted up temp is about 50.  Freon back pressure is 15lbs. I reclaimed the freon & recharged exact measure of 11 ozs as per nameplate. Fans are running evap and cond. Cond is free of dirt. 

RED FLAG!

Your profile says you’re certified with 20+ years of experience.  Yet, no refrigeration technician that I know talks like that. Furthermore, you’ve didn’t offer other information regarding refrigerant type, operating pressures or some other important conditions that need to be known for troubleshooting a system.  All you offered us is this “freon back pressure“ – as you called it.

Therefore I’m guessing you’re NOT a technician, you don’t know what you’re doing and you gassed up your cooler with a can of R134A…uh – “FREON” – you bought from Walmart or an auto parts store.  But, it’s still not working.

The EPA delineates strict guidelines for those meeting qualifications to perform refrigeration system repair.  Do YOU have that card?

Probably NOT.  Therefore, I suggest that you call someone who is qualified.