Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Toastmaster 48 gas griddle flame on all 4 burners will not go over 150-200 degrees

• Toastmaster 48 gas griddle flame on all 4 burners will not go over 150-200 degrees

Posted by guest on January 23, 2017 at 12:00 am

All 4 burners come on but won’t go high

miltonsappliance replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

January 24, 2017 at 8:40 am

What Joe is talking about the regulator is the small port that vents the diaphragm. They commonly get a drop of grease in them on griddles and block the regulators ability to sense atmospheric pressure to change gas pressure for a flow change.

• techjoeb

January 24, 2017 at 11:58 am

So if all 4 burners will not go high it is either a gas pressure or regulator issue. Make sure the hose is attached properly to the wall (if it’s a quick disconnect) and make sure the diaphragm on the regulator is clean. A dirty diaphragm will mess up gas pressure. You have to make sure you have the correct pressure supplying the unit depending on the type of gas that is required. Check the data plate for the correct gas pressure rating. Finally see if it happens all the time or when the whole kitchen is on. Sometimes the other units in the kitchen rob one another for gas pressure. If it only happens when everything is on, you are going to have to call your local gas company to ensure you gas volume is correct. If any of this sounds beyond your technical ability please contact a certified technician. I hope this helps!

-Joe 

• miltonsappliance

January 28, 2017 at 1:08 pm

first turn one burner on observe flame then turn another burner on and so on if flame drops replace regulator or turn burner on observe pilot for droppage when burner is turned on another way have somebody tap on regulator while observing burners if improves I agree with fix bear on vent but if its new verify they sent correct gas application if youre natural gas and they sent propane equipment that’s  easy to correct  the otherway a little more complicated but If new under warranty  some smart  director ordered wrong equipment that never happens hopefully on a Friday morning I’m new to the page so lets make some money and honesty that’s the key I go to so many restaraunts be straight it will  come